Forwarding your RingCentral phone
At the end of this module you will be able to login to RingCentral and forward your RingCentral phone.
LINKS TO THE RingCentral APP
- Apple - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ringcentral/id715886894
- Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glip.mobile&hl=en_US
Forward your RingCentral Phone
The RingCentral portal can be found at the below link. If you do not know your password then follow the steps in our guide here.
- After logging into your account, the main page will look like this.
- Select Call Handing Rules.
- Under the Call Handling & Forwarding section, you can set the following options.
- See Footnote for Custom Rules vs User Hours explanation.
- Incoming Calls Forward in this Order
- Simultaneously - This will ring all Active, Forwarding rule phones ring at the same time.
- Sequentially - This will ring Active, Forwarding rule phones one at a time in order 1, 2, 3...
- + Add Call Forwarding Phone - To add an additional external number calls will forward to.
- Name - To set a custom name for the forwarding rule.
- Number - The number calls will forward out to.
- Order - When Incoming Calls Forward in this Order is set to Sequentially, this will display the order calls will be forwarded to.
- Active - To enable call forwarding to the listed phone, this must be turned on. To turn off the call forwarding rule, click the switch and it will grey out.
- Ring For - This sets how long the call will be forwarded to the forwarded phone.
- Ring Groups - Phones and forwarding numbers can be grouped together so that they ring at the same time. This is especially useful if you are using Sequential ringing so that some phones ring first before forwarding to other phones.
- Select the Checkboxes next to the desired phones to group together. Then click Create Ring Group
- To Remove phones from a ring group, or to entirely ungroup all the phones, check the box next to the ring group, and select Ungroup
When your desired settings are changed, make sure you click Save to apply the settings.
- Under the Call Handling & Forwarding section, you can adjust User Hours settings, and Customer Rules settings.
- ***NOTE*** Call Handling set under the Custom Rules // Daytime No Answer affect calls during the hours of 7AM-8PM Local time.
- ***NOTE*** Call Handling set under the User Hours affect calls outside the hours of 7AM-8PM Local time.
- How to Edit the Custom Rules // Daytime No Answer
- Select Custom Rules under Call Handling & Forwarding. Click the Edit button next to the Daytime No Answer rule.
- Select Next two times to get to the Define Call Handling Page, then select the Call Handling tab. Here you can make the call forwarding changes that you need.
- Be sure to click Save when you have made your changes.