Mimecast quick tutorial:
They have a wonderful supply of already created documentation, you can follow to their site here:
- Click on the Mimecast for outlook popup in the lower right-hand corner
- Click on the “Fix” button next to the domain authentication
- Use your normal email password then close the window
Searching for emails
- There is a new field for you to search in, right below the normal search. This will search your email archive.
- This will pop up a Mimecast window showing your search results
On hold messages or bounces and rejections
- In the lower right hand corner, click on the up arrow, then right click on the Mimecast icon, then select “open Mimecast for outlook”
- This will popup the below screen, once there, you can check all your on hold, blocked or rejected messages through the tabs on the left.
- Release – sends the message to your inbox
- Release message and permit address – sends to inbox and whitelists sender
- Release message and permit domain – sends to inbox and whitelists domain
- Reject – blocks message
- Reject message and block address – blocks email and the sender
- Reject message and block domain – blocks email and the domain
- Spam – flags as spam and auto block from the list for the future
- Phishing – reports as a phishing attempt and blocks for the future
“Managed senders” is for monitoring you approved and denied lists.
You can also send an email directly from this window in the top right hand corner.
Managing and searching multiple accounts:
- Right click on the Mimecast icon or click the Mimecast tab in your outlook, then click search:
- If you don’t see “delegate accounts” on the left, you can click your name and it will pop up.
- Click on the delegate account you’d like to search
- Search as you normally would
If you have any issues, please submit a ticket to the helpdesk
Please sign in to leave a comment.