Microsoft Sign In
At the end of this module you will be able to sign into your Jet Linx Microsoft account and setup your Multi-Factor Authentication method (MFA) and configure your account recovery methods.
Access Microsoft Account
- Open an internet browser and navigate to the Microsoft Login page at https://myapplications.microsoft.com
- On the sign in page, enter your full email address and select Next.
- On the login page, enter you password and select Sign in.
First Login Account Setup
- On first login you will be prompted to setup an additional security verification method (MFA). Select Next on the page and you will be redirected to the MFA Setup page.
- The recommended MFA method to setup is Mobile app authentication. Select Mobile app from the dropdown list, check the Receive notifications for verification button and select Set up.
- Other authentication methods can be setup later from the My Account settings page. A guide on how to do that is linked here.
- In the popup window, follow the instructions to setup the Mobile app. Select Next once app registration has been completed. Links to the Microsoft Authenticator app are linked below.
- Select Next to complete the registration and verify the MFA works by approving the prompt on your phone.
- On the next screen, enter your phone number and select Done. This will be a backup MFA method to get access to your account.
- Finally you will be prompted to setup the password reset verification methods. Select Set it up now for 2 or more methods. Once 2 or more methods have been setup, you will be able to select the Finish button and continue to your account.
- You will be directed now to the My Applications home page, which is a central hub for all the company applications you have access to.
Reset Microsoft Password
- From the My Applications page, or any other Microsoft 365 page, select the circle at the top right with your initials, then select View Account.
- On the My Account page, select Change Password.
- Enter the old password, and then create a new password for your account. The requirements are below. Select Submit when completed
- At least 8 characters
- A lowercase letter
- An uppercase letter
- A number
- Must not include parts of your username
- On successful password change, you will be re-directed to the profile page.